Plan your ultimate YHA destination!
Want to win? Hop over to our Facebook page, click the "Win" tab, and tell us one YHA destination you've loved, one you'd love to try and why!
- A $400 Kathmandu voucher
- 2 nights' private room accommodation for 2 people at any YHA-managed hostel, value up to $280
Please note there are are valid dates of redemption for accommodation as listed below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of its terms and conditions.
2. YHA New Zealand, PO Box 436, Christchurch, New Zealand is the promoter of this competition (the *Promoter*). This competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
3. Entry is only open to those who complete the entry requirements on YHA New Zealand's Facebook page in their entirety.
4. Conditions of entry:
- You agree to release Facebook from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with your participation in this competition or with any of the prizes offered.
- No purchase, entry fee, or payment is necessary to enter this competition.
- You must be aged 18 years and over to enter.
- The Promoter requires the winners to provide proof of age and proof of identification in a form acceptable to the Promoter. Winners who are unable to satisfy this requirement may forfeit their Prize.
- Entry to the competition is automatic upon submission of a correct and fully completed entry as well as being aged 18 years and over.
- You may only enter once.
- Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families) and its subsidiaries and related companies and any agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter (“Eligible Entrants”).
- By entering 'The Promotion' the Entrant consents to any information they submit being published on any YHA New Zealand online properties (including but not limited to YHA New Zealand's website, email campaigns, and social media).
5. How to Enter: an eligible participant must submit an entry form in its entirety through the YHA New Zealand Facebook page. This process helps us ensure participants are not submitting duplicate entries.
6. Competition entry opens 23 January 2018 at 10am and closes on 29 January 2017 at 4pm New Zealand time (the *“Competition Period”*). Entries received after this closing time will be ineligible for entry.
7. The winners will be notified by 2 February 2018 before 5pm New Zealand time.
8. Attempts will be made to notify the winners through the phone or email address provided in the entry form. At that time winners will be advised as to how they will receive their prize. If the Promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner prior to the above date then the prize is forfeited and a further winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. The Judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will receive the following prizes:
- A $400 Kathmandu voucher
- 2 nights' accommodation for 2 people at any YHA-managed hostel
10. The prize may only be redeemed between 1 March 2018, and 31 May 2018, excluding public holiday periods. Please note that you must select a valid hostel as linked above, during their normal operating schedule.
11. At least 2 weeks notice is required to book in the winners' accommodation and activities. This is subject to availability as dictated by YHA New Zealand.
12. Each valid entry will be reviewed and judged by YHA New Zealand. The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prize cannot be converted into cash, and is not transferable to any other individual.
14. Prize winners may request additional companions on their activities or within their accommodation arrangements, but acknowledge that they will be required to pay usual retail price for any added persons if such additions are possible and permitted by the accommodation or activity provider.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
16. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this competition.
17. Neither the Promoter nor any other person or party associated with this competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this competition or with any prizes offered.
18. The Promoter (and not Facebook) collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the competition. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the competition. Acceptance of the prize is deemed consent for the Promoter to use the winner’s details for promotional and media purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation.
19. The promoter may vary these terms and conditions and may disqualify entrants, terminate, suspend, modify or cancel the contest or the prize at any time without notice.
20. This competition is subject to the laws of New Zealand. Both the Promoter and you, and any party which uses or takes the benefit of any prize awarded accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand. Should these terms and conditions in any way directly conflict with promotional or competition laws of the entrant’s country of residence the entrant shall be ineligible to enter.